Propane is Expensive
Propane’s price per litre for a home heating system makes it one of the most affordable options on the market to heat your home. Not to mention that propane home heating equipment can reach up to 98% efficiency!
For fireplaces and other uses for your home, propane is still very affordable and can save on energy costs as well as reduce your carbon emissions making it environmentally friendly.
Propane prices stay very stable due to an abundance of supply within Canada.
Furthermore, propane is much more versatile and accessible than other fuel types, so it’s a highly convenient choice.
Call us for a price on propane to heat your home! 1-877-570-4040
Propane is Unsafe
Just like any heating system, it is perfectly safe to use.
Most models offer automatic fuel shut off to make it a great option. And venting is required as these units emit breathable gases that can be harmful if used in an enclosed area.
If liquid propane ever leaks, it vaporizes and dissipates into the air. Leaving no mess to clean up and isn’t harmful to the environment. Propane cannot contaminate water or soil.
Like any heating system, following manufacturer guidelines for proper use makes using this heating system safe and effective. Propane heating systems are extremely safe, like any other system to heat your home.
To learn more on safe propane, go to: http://www.propane.ca/en/about-propane/safety
Propane is only used for BBQ’s
You can use propane for numerous applications throughout your home! Here are some below!
- Furnace or Boiler- This combination creates one of the most affordable, efficient and comfortable heating sources on the market for your home today.
- Hot Water Tank- You can have instant hot water with an instantaneous hot water tank that is fueled by propane. Plus, you’ll never run out of hot water!
- Clothes Dryer- Enjoy the quickness and effectiveness as your clothes dry quicker with a gas dryer. There are also plenty of energy savings in having a propane gas dryer as propane gas dryers use less energy. They also reduce your carbon dioxide emissions too!
- Fireplace- With the press of a button you can enjoy the warmth, comfort and ambiance of a propane gas fireplace. Curl up on the couch and read a book, entertain guests, or gather with family and enjoy the warm heat of a propane gas fireplace.
- Stove Range- Cook your food more evenly and enjoy instantaneous heat from a gas range. No more waiting for your electric burners to heat up! You can be off and running preparing your culinary masterpiece instantly with ease.
Propane is Slow to Heat
Propane heating equipment is fast and efficient. The propane tank is attached directly to the heater which can create up to 98% efficiency in your heating system.
A propane unit delivers instantaneous warmth to your surroundings. Since there’s no chilling wait time for the unit to warm up, it’s ideal for a home or a busy work environment.
Propane Systems are Big and Clunky
Many private homes and trendy restaurants use propane for their sole heating system. Whether it is with a trendy looking propane fireplace to create a nice vibe, or a compact furnace or boiler to heat your home or business – these units are functional and elegant all at the same time.
Propane is Environmentally-friendly
Propane is one of the cleanest burning fossil fuels. Propane is one of the lightest, simplest hydrocarbons in existence, and, as a result, is one of the cleanest burning of all alternative fuels. Because it is clean burning, you will not have to clean your system as often.
Propane isn’t Always Available
Propane is available in abundance in Canada. This country is the 6th largest producer of propane in the world, and produces 3.5% of the world supply and uses only half of that domestically; the rest of Canada’s propane is exported. The infrastructure is in place to transport, store and dispense propane safely and efficiently to Canadians.
Safety Benefits of Propane
- Propane tanks are 20 times more puncture resistant than tanks filled with ethanol, methanol or gasoline. They are constructed from carbon steel, under procedures developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Propane cylinders are equipped with a device that cuts off the filling process when the tank reaches 80 percent of its liquid capacity.
- Propane has the lowest flammability rating of any alternative fuel.
- Propane leaks are easy to detect due to the strong pungent smell that imitates the scent of rotten eggs.
- Propane will not contaminate water or soil.
- Unlike other fuels, like gasoline, propane cannot be ingested, due to the fact that it vaporizes when released from its container. Leaks do not form a puddle; propane dissipates into the air.
- In contrast with gasoline’s ignition temperature of 430° to 500° F, propane will not ignite until the air reaches 940° F.